Hotels in Banting, Malaysia
- Comprehensive hotel search for Banting online
- Find a cheap hotel in Banting!
- Book at the ideal price!
Banting: A Top Spot on Selangor’s Tourist Trail
Set along the banks of the Langat River, a 60-mile river that runs westward between Mount Nuang and the Straits of Malacca, Banting is a firm fixture on Selangor’s tourist trail. This area is known for its scenic beaches, coastal plains and sprawling rural landscapes. Banting lives up to the area’s acclaim and, as a result, is a must-visit on any trip to the Kuala Langat District. Accommodation in Banting, particularly hostels and lower-end hotels, can be found downtown, although there’s also a hotel or two along the waterfront where upmarket stays can usually be enjoyed at a great price.
Spend Time at the Beach
The Pantai Morib beach is a clean stretch of sand that is popular with both locals and visitors to the area. The water is suitable for swimming although it is possible to walk out on the sand for around a mile at low tide. Watch out for the tiny scurrying crabs you’ll likely encounter along the way. Also at low tide, the beach is a popular spot for kite-flying. Kites can be purchased from beachside stores should you forget to bring your own. If you’re up for a day trip, Bagan Lalang Beach, situated southeast of Banting, is another popular beach. At weekends and public holidays, beach vendors set up stalls to peddle locally-crafted clothes and shoes to visitors.
Get to Know the Mah Meri People
You won’t need to travel far from Banting to inject a little culture into your stay. The Mah Meri Cultural Village, situated on Pulau Carey island and within a 35-minute drive from the town, offers visitors the chance to experience the lifestyle of a subgroup of the Selangor-based Senoi people. It’s worth calling ahead to make an appointment or visiting on an official tour to ensure that the villagers are there during your trip but, with confirmation in the bag, you can expect to be enthralled by demonstrations of wedding rituals, traditional dance, and origami weaving. Be sure to rent one of the village’s charming rickety bikes to explore the island and, before you leave, pick up a wood carving or a pretty basket woven from pandanus leaves as a souvenir.
Explore Nearby Hot Spots
With its array of shops, colourful stalls and tempting dining spots, Banting town centre is a decent place to spend an afternoon and pick up a souvenir or two. Within a short drive of Banting are several more downtown districts. Those of particular interest include regional centre Putrajaya which, along with shopping and dining opportunities, features attractions such as Melawati National Palace, Mercu Tanda and the Palace of Justice. Just a little further away is Subang Jaya where visitors can spend the day at the Sunway Wildlife Zoo, the Sunway Lagoon theme park, or by simply exploring the shops and soaking up the atmosphere at Subang Parade.
Visit Area Attractions
If you’re looking for ideas for your bucket list, the area around Banting comes up trumps with suggestions such as the Sepang International Circuit, the place to see Malaysia’s hottest Formula 1 and MotoGP races and just 30 minutes away from Banting. In nearby Putrajaya, you can enjoy river cruises on Putrajaya Lake and through exotic wetlands. Port Dickson, a little over an hour away from Banting, offers attractions such as the Cape Rachado Lighthouse, the Kota Lukut Museum and the fascinating megaliths and sacred Islamic tomb found at Fort Kempas.
Tours and Excursions to Enjoy
While in Malaysia, it’s well worth taking time out to enjoy a day trip or excursion. Within 30 minutes of Banting is the Paya Indah Wetlands, a 450-hectare sanctuary where you can feed Nile hippos, crocodiles and fish and enjoy activities such as 4WD night safaris and hiking along meandering forest trails. Also within a 30-minute drive is the Kuan Wellness Eco Park, a five-acre park where features include a swiftlet farm, an eco-garden and a visitor centre. If you’re happy to travel a little further, you can reach Kuala Lumpur in a little over an hour. Here you’ll find great attractions such as the iconic Petronas Towers, the bustling Merdeka Square, the limestone Batu Caves and the magnificent National Mosque of Malaysia.
Price rangefrom RM56to RM331
- Hotel Gold Coast Morib SeaView deals from RM169
- Hotel Bata Merah Boutiquedeals from RM24
- Hotel Homestay Gold Coast Moribdeals from RM209
- Hotel Intan Jugradeals from RM24
- Hotel Anjung Apartment & Breakfastdeals from RM211
- Hotel OYO 419 City Boutique Hoteldeals from RM105
More Top Hotels
- Gold Coast Morib 3 Room Apatment
- Leles Gold Coast Morib
- Happy Inn
- Gold Coast Morib International Resort A1-2-11
- Gold Coast Morib International Resort A1-1-14
- De Elements Morib Resort
- Gold Coast Marib Comfy Studio
- Qing Garden
- Gold Coast Morib Mickey House
- Anjung Apartment And Breakfast
- Hz Homestay Is The Real Village House.
- Welcome Home Klia Homestay
- Gold Coast Morib Resort (4 Pax) A2-4-39 @sepang
- Zous Homestay @gold Coast Morib Resort
- Morib Theme Park Studio Suite
- Senses Budget
- Zamlan Gold Coast Morib 1 @ Rozlan
- Woos Mama Studio @ Gold Coast Morib Resort
- Qastury Gold Coast Morib Resort
- Gold Coast Morib Studios
- Cozy & Comfortable Homestay @ Tanjong Sepat
- Suite Dreamz Hotel Banting
- Hotels in Hua Hin 6947 Hotels deals from RM39
- Hotels in London 59055 Hotels deals from RM66
- Hotels in Cape Town 13502 Hotels deals from RM51
- Hotels in Seri Gading 3 Hotels deals from RM93
- Hotels in Pantai Balok 31 Hotels deals from RM259
- Hotels in Shah Alam 2097 Hotels deals from RM64
More Top Destinations
- Phnom Penh
- South Ari Atoll
- Pulau Timun
- Teluk Dalam
- Penang Island
- Tanjung Tokong
- Kata Noi Beach
- Samut Prakan
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Ao Railay Beach
- Subang Jaya
- Siem Reap
- Taipei City
- South Male Atoll
- Tanjung Rhu
- Teluk Pauh
- Koh Phi Phi
- New York