Accommodations in Sint-Truiden near Beguinage of St Agnes

  • Find the ideal hotel in the area
  • Compare prices from different websites
  • Book for a great price!
Loading

About Beguinage of St Agnes

The beguinage of St. Agnes was founded in 1258 and is surrounded by a brick wall. It was closed by the French and sold in 1798.

On a wide open space there is the church, decorated with figurative paintings most of which (about 38 scenes) have been preserved to the present day thanks to a layer of plaster. The central nave has excellent acoustics and a series of concerts are held in the church every year. It was transformed into the Provincial Museum of Religious Art in 1970.

The majority of the houses of the beguinage dates back to the 17th and 18th century.

Outside the main courtyard is an infirmary-farm complex with monumental gate and barn.

It was listed together with other 12 Flemish beguinages as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the year 1998.

Visiting hours: every day 10:00-12:00 and 13:30-17:00; closed on Mondays.

Contact

Begijnhof, 3800, Sint-Truiden, Belgium
Telephone: +32(11)237575 | Official Homepage

Top hotels

More Top Hotels

Points of Interest - Sint-Truiden

More Points of Interest - Sint-Truiden